Saturday, August 16, 2014

It's a Lego Party!

It's a Lego Party!

For R's 7th Birthday, we decided to go with a Lego theme.  If you haven't seen the Lego Movie, I would highly recommend it!

I found tons of inspiration from pinterest for our party, so I was never short on ideas.  Here are some of the decorations that I made.



 Kleenex box "legos": 

I wrapped up empty tissue boxes, making sure the opening for the box was on the bottom.  Next, I glued on bottoms of plastic drinking cups that I had cut down to size.  I think they turned out great!!  For the large "legos", I used an empty box of copy paper from my office.














They added some great decorations for the party and were relatively inexpensive.  Some of the younger kiddos even tried stacking them like real Legos, so I'd say they were a hit!
Here, I covered the doors with a plastic tablecloth and used paper plates in the same color, as the dots down the center.  Short of hot gluing the plates, we had a tough time getting these babies to stay put!  I'd recommend sticking them on just before the party.













 I used a Lego font to make this banner, and the mini fig template, I got here

















For the Lego heads, I spray painted some empty containers I had been storing small toys and Legos in.  Then, my niece hand drew on the faces, using a Sharpie.  I ended up with 8 Lego heads, and they look amazing!





I also decorated with some Lego Movie posters and this Pin-the-Smile on Emmett game.  It was great!










Next up:  Party Favor Bags!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me