Saturday, August 24, 2013

Heirloom Nativity Sampler update

Just an update to show the progress on my Nativity Sampler.  I don't really think it's a sampler in the traditional sense, but whatever.  That's what they're calling it.

 
As mentioned in previous posts, I'm doing two pieces at the same time.  So, the above picture shows both of them.  For this particular project, I am really loving these scroll frames that I found at Hobby Lobby.  Many of you may use them already, but I usually only use my spring hoop, so this was quite a change for me.  I still use my hoop for 95% of my work, however with the delicate nature of the stitching and beads on this particular pattern, I thought I needed something a bit less intrusive.

Top scene (so far)

Middle scene

"Lace" and bead work

Bottom scene (so far)



Still probably a third left to do on each one, but they're progressing and will be finished by Christmas.  As for my other projects I had planned this year, well......I'm not so sure.  I had an unexpected baby gift to do, so I pulled out a stocking I had already made and just stitched the name on real quick (along with an ironing mishap that forced me to do a little creative stitching on the pattern itself to cover up the bleeding red color.  Blasted iron!), then I whipped up a couple of bibs and called the gift complete.  The hardest part was actually turning the cross stitch piece into a stocking.  A experienced sewer I am not.


Hoping to finish the samplers sometime next month, then be able to knock out one more stocking before Christmas to finish the year.

Oh, and I'm looking forward to all the premiere's next month!  Love tv in the fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me