Thursday, January 10, 2013

Thursday Things: Book & Movie Review

Thursday Things

Triple Chocolate Mousse Cake from Martha Stewart Recipes
  • My favorite pins this week are pretty amazing.  I don't want to pat myself on the back, but I will if no one else does.  This pin is just plain funny...and a little too close to home.  I thought these were so cute for Valentine's Day.  This would be perfect for St. Patrick's Day!  This cake looks so spring like!  And, this Triple Chocolate Mousse Cake.  It's a wonder we've survived this long without it.
  • I've been suffering through J.K. Rowling's The Casual Vacancy.  I wouldn't recommend it.  Like someone on Amazon said: "(It's) Like a bad movie that you just want to end so you can see the end."  I'm so close and all I can say is that it will be a relief to get it over. 
  • I watched Zero Dark Thirty this week.  It was interesting.  I wouldn't say it was Oscar worthy, although the main actress did a damn fine job, but the fact that it's out there and gives people a general idea of what went on and how long it actually took to find him is something everyone should know.
  • I got another Scarlet Letter today for bad parenting, only my letters are school bus yellow and in the shape of an "L", for LOSER.  I've gotten so many, it's getting a little hard to see what I'm wearing anymore.  Is it too late to reconsider being a parent?  Can we rewind 6 years.  Well, IF we're rewinding, let's go back a little farther and change a few other things that have irreparably screwed my life over.
  • Can we talk about the Downton Abbey Christmas special for a min?  OMG, (this might contain spoilers) but did they have to go and do that?!?!  Things were just getting good, then they had to go and kill the guy off!  SO unfair!!  Don't they realize we, as in the general public, live vicariously though them and need things to be perfect?  If we wanted a train wreck, we'd watch our own lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me