This is my first year to participate in the Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap, and I just loved it! I knew immediately which recipe I wanted to make for the 3 other bloggers that were lucky to have me get their names: Chocolate Chai Snickerdoodles. I've been making these cookies for years, because they are truly some of the best tasting cookies I've ever had, so of course I had to make them. Enjoy!
Chocolate Chai Snickerdoodles
recipe courtesy of Martha Stewart
Yield: 3/12 doz. large or 5 doz. small
- 2 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp each: ground cinnamon, grown ginger, and cardamom
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/2 c. cocoa powder
- 1 c. softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 c. flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir together sugar with all the spices in small bowl; remove 1/2 cup to a pie plate or small dish for dredging and place to the side. Add cocoa to small bowl with sugar/spice mixture and stir to blend.
- Beat butter in an electric mixer bowl until fluffy. Add the spiced cocoa mixture and beat until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla, then add the flour and baking powder at low speed until combined.
- Form tablespoon sized balls. Roll them in the reserved sugar mixture and arrange 2 inches apart on parchment lined baking sheets. Press cookies down slightly with your hand or the bottom of a glass.
- Bake 12-15 minutes. Cool in the pan for a few minutes before transferring to a rack to cool.
I hope they were enjoyed by all who received...
...and, that everything arrived unbroken!